Work Zone Safe Driving Tips
Construction activity for the I-77 Express Lanes Project will occur very close to the current interstate lanes from Uptown Charlotte to Exit 36 in Mooresville. Stay alert and be aware of your surroundings at all times when traveling through a construction zone. Let's keep construction workers and motorists safe as we work to improve your commute!
Click here to learn more about NCDOT's Work Zone Safety Program.
Your attention to safety matters.
- Dedicate your full attention to the roadway.
- Allow ample space between your vehicle and the car in front of you.
- Avoid passing in the work zone.
- Please turn on your headlights. Workers and other motorists must see you.
- Do not speed in the work zone. The posted speed limit is there for everyone's safety and is enforced.
- Expect the unexpected. Keep an eye out for workers and their equipment.
- Do not tailgate. Keep a safe distance between you and the vehicle ahead.
- Follow instructions from flaggers. They are there to keep you safe.
- Be patient! Remember the construction crews and you all want to arrive home safely.